|Kitahatocho, Sakai-ku, Sakai City, Osaka Prefecture
|Places Characteristic of Sakai
First erected in front of the Ohama Aquarium for the fifth Domestic Industrial Exhibition held in 1902. Although it became loved as a symbol of peace and prosperity, the statue was removed when the aquarium was closed down. It was finally restored in 2000 at the Kitahato seawall, on the occasion of the celebration of the 110th anniversary of the incorporation of Sakai.
There is the old Sakai Harbor and old Sakai Lighthouse in the vicinity.